Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

F.A.Q. #5

Here's the final bit from that student survey I participated in a while back . . .

Q: Do you own any comic related articles of clothing? If so, how often and where do you wear them? Please be specific.

A: I have an orange Thing T-shirt, a black Batman T-shirt, a navy blue Captain America T-shirt, a Batman watch, and a tie that has classic Marvel covers printed on it ("Hulk" #1, "X-Men" #1, "Amazing Fantasy" #15, etc.). I wear the T-shirts any old time. I wear the tie to comic book conventions. I'm wearing my Batman watch as I type this.

Q: Describe your interests within the comic book world. What type of comics do you enjoy? What type of comics do you not enjoy?

A: As I said before, I go for the "Silver Age" stuff (roughly 1956-71). It never lets me down. The artwork is amazing, the stories are exciting, the characters are like familiar old friends, and reading them makes me feel like an 8-year-old again. The books I don't like are, oddly enough, a lot of the "Dark Age" stuff (roughly 1985-present). I hated it when the books were gritty for the sake of gritty. I don't read many current books, although I recognize that they are better than they used to be. Reading new comics now is like watching a movie in print. The problem is, a lot of current movies stink. My other interests within the comic book world include bopping into my neighborhood comic shop once a week or so, talking to fellow geeks about comics, going to conventions about four times a year, and reading, reading, reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home