Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

BUNNY EYES

I have a surefire idea for a new Easter candy that would sell like ice cream sandwiches in hell.

It would come in a bag. It would be called "Bunny Eyes."

Remember when you were a kid and you would unwrap the hollow chocolate bunny? And the first thing you did was pick off the crunchy, yellow "eye" on the bunny? And chomp it down like a Flintstone Vitamin?

When we were VERY young, we sometimes felt weird about this act -- we felt guilt over "disfiguring" the bunny. Then, of course, we'd commence to biting off the bunny's ears, head, etc.

But with a trusty bag of "Bunny Eyes," you can just reach in, pull out one of the hundreds of spare yellow "eyes," pop it into the appropriate space on the side of the bunny's head, and BINGO! Problem solved.

Or, just pour the bag into your mouth and crunch away.

"Bunny Eyes" would be a hit. I've never heard this idea from anyone else. My Web column -- OK, "blog" -- is time-stamped at 10:24 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28, 2007. YOU ARE MY WITNESS.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, you could then push multiple bunny eyes into pink or lavender marshmallow Peeps, making multi-eyed freak Peeps!

11:27 AM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Diana said...

And if Easter ever landed in March, you could have the eyes of March...
I won't even get into what you would call your eyes on a male rooster.
Too funny, Mark

I wish I had thought of that.

12:37 PM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Diana said...

oops, all roosters are male, right?

12:57 PM, March 29, 2007  
Blogger Mark Voger said...

Thanks, Lady Di.

P.S.: Someone who works for a mom-and-pop chocolate shop told me THEY sell Bunny Eyes by the bag.

But I need proof before I'll just lay down and let someone else become a millionaire off of my idea.

2:26 PM, April 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home