Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, October 27, 2006

"JACKASS," ON THE OTHER HAND ...

On the other hand, "Jackass Number 2" eclipsed "The Depleted" because it actually delivered on its promise.

I laughed through the whole thing. And I needed to laugh. So I give it a thumb's up. (INSERT JOKE HERE.)

A couple of weeks ago, I was interviewing director John Waters, who sees just about every movie on a big screen (he prefers this to DVDs). I joked: "I saw two steaming pieces of (excrement) over the weekend. One was in a scene in 'Jackass Number 2,' the other was 'The Departed.'"

Waters defended "The Departed" (as just about everyone does), but he admitted he loved "Jackass Number 2" -- and acually, he's IN it! Waters is the magician who makes Wee Man disappear. Never mind how.

It wasn't lost on Waters that HE gained the spotlight in the early '70s thanks to the climax of his grossout comedy "Pink Flamingos," which showed 300-lb. transvestite Divine consuming poodle waste. "Jackass Number 2" has a scene which mirrors that earlier cinematic milestone. In the newer film, the animal waste of choice is that of a horse.

I suppose there's just no delicate way to write about "Jackass Number 2."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you'll be going down the altar after all, with that Supreme Court decision and all.

5:07 PM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so F''' cool it's unbelievable. When I look up cool in the dictionary. I see a picture of THE VOGUE!!

5:16 PM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home