Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, July 09, 2007

LAST POST UNTIL 7/22

As the kids say, I'm Swayze until July 22. I'm gonna swim for two weeks. I have lotsa cool stories comin' out while I'm gone -- 12, to be exact. It's too much to keep track of, so I'm gonna purge 'em from my noggin the minute I waltz outta here.

On the band front, a couple of things fell together just this week. One is the realization that the Burners have officially flatlined. Our drummer Jazzy (who was on loan from another South Jersey club band, Sordid Past) has left us without so much as saying, "We have to talk." It's funny -- someone said to me, "It should be easy to find a drummer." You'd be flabbergasted. At our age, to find someone who can play this challenging material -- and especially, not be a substance abuser -- is just this side of impossible. I'm not saying we would take out an unreliable bandmate the way Tony Soprano took out Chris Moltisanti, but we'd consider it. Life is too short to be babysitting 40-somethings.

The other thing: It looks like the onstage reunion of my high school band, Scream, is really going to happen! Since one of us has to fly in from Los Angeles for the occasion, this is pretty huge stuff -- to us. In a frenzy of activity, brother Brinie finished mixing the 11-minute "Scream Medley" we recorded in March and e-mailed it to everyone. We've figured out many of the show logistics. Scream would be the "special guests" of Mad Jack (our guitar quartet), but in a twist, Scream would go on last. Jazzy (yep, the same guy who quit the Burners) is Scream's drummer. Mad Jack, who opened for the Burners at the last two gigs, would finally headline for the first time in our lives. We're shooting for late October to mid November in Gloucester City again. Maybe this time we'll slink over to Cheerleaders between sets?

See you in two weeks, brothers and sisters.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back my friend, to the show that never ends...............

missed your posts.

When is Scream playing? Do you have a solid date yet? That's the glam project, if memory serves me correctly, right?

K & I still going back & forth on the trip to the motherland.......Xmas or Thanksgiving...................But if that gig is late Oct/early Nov won't fall under any of those dates, darn it.

5:19 PM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Mark Voger said...

Thanks for asking. We haven't locked it in yet, but it looks like October. Actually, I'm kind of on pins and needles. I NEED A DATE TO WORK TOWARD. It's my deadline training.

8:52 PM, July 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home